Thursday, January 28, 2016

Poetry Response 1/28/16

The poem I chose to write about is "Poet's Tree" by Shel Silverstein. This poem talks about someone telling a person to be entertained by poetry underneath a tree. I think the author wrote it so people can find a way to enjoy some poems by putting the idea in the real world. I also think the author wrote this poem to make the poet tree seem like a real thing so people can have a place to read poems.

I chose this picture because it was the image for the poem also because during reading the poem, I visualized someone reading a poem underneath an actual tree. I visualized this because the poem describes the poet tree.

I think this poem is text to self because one day I could find a place for myself to read poems. This could also be text to world since everyone in the world has access to poetry and can like it as well. 

"Poet's Tree"

Underneath the poet tree,
Come and rest awhile with me,
And watch the way the word-web weaves
Between the shady story leaves.
The branches of the poet tree
Reach from the mountains to the sea.
So come and dream, or come and climb —
Just don’t get hit by falling rhymes. 

3 comments:

  1. Great job! I liked the way to explained why you chose that image for your poem and why you chose to write about. I like that poem as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked how you did a good job of explaining the connection you found within the poem. Good job Darya! I wish there was really a poem tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your explanation of the poem is clear, and it makes sense. I could also see why you envisioned that picture while reading the poem. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete