Friday, January 22, 2016

Blog for week 1/18/16

The book I'm currently reading is Counting by 7's by Holly Goldberg Sloan and this is fiction. The main character's name is Willow Chance and she is not like other kids. Willow is very smart and takes in every detail. This story takes place in different places. The conflict in this book is Willow losing people and also losing herself along the way. Willow loses the most important people in her life and because of this she is lost. She meets Mai and sees a friend in her. Even though Willow is confused she still manages to find her way around. The theme is mainly friendship since Willow and Mai have each other.


I enjoy reading this book. I like the way the author put specific words to help set the mood she was trying to get to without actually saying it out loud. I also liked how each chapter switched off to a different character and introduce them more. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes reading sad but makes you appreciate people more kind of stories. I think people should read this book because it teaches you that life is unfair sometimes and you have to be grateful for whatever you have. 


4 comments:

  1. Your video was very nice. I liked how you explained the kind of people that would like your book. It sounds like a very interesting book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog has made me think about reading this book as well. You were well spoken and didn't repeat yourself. Your book talk was really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job Darya! I liked the way you didn't give too much away but just enough for people to be curious and read it. Just one thing next time would be to speak a little louder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Job Darya I really liked your explanation! Although I agree with Hazelle next time just be a little louder but other then that Great Job!

    ReplyDelete