Thursday, May 26, 2016

End of Year Reflection Blog

1: What are the three most important things you learned this year?

There are many things I learned during this year, but the three most important things are how to use topic sentences, time management, and that reading helps your vocabulary. Using topic sentences has become easier to me because I just rephrase the question and answer it without making the answer confusing. Time management was something that was hard to do but I learned that in order to get work done you have to set time for yourself to get something done. I've always thought that reading was just something you were forced to do but instead it's a new way of learning extra words.

2: What is something we did this year that you think you will remember for the rest of your life?

Something we did this year that I will remember for the rest of my life is all the parties we had and seeing everyone have a good time. I think I will remember this because when I first came into this class I wasn't sure as to what I was expecting but when the year progressed, I learned that things will get tough sometimes but there's almost always a reward.

3: What was the nicest thing someone in our class did for you this year?

The nicest thing someone did in class for me this year was always reminding me what we had for homework when I forgot. Even though it may not seem like a lot, it really helped me out. I would always ask them for clarification on our assignments each day and I'm glad they didn't get annoyed with me asking. Something I realized from doing this was that paying attention is really crucial in a class like this.

4: What is something you taught your teacher or classmate this year?

Something I have taught one of my classmates this year is that people will most likely not be there for you when you need something. Although it could be the littlest thing like borrowing a pencil, some people may not be willing to give one to you. Due to this, it could be a big life lesson that most people aren't going to always be doing everything for you and that you'll have to do things for yourself.

5: In what area do you feel you made your biggest improvements? What is something you accomplished this year that you are proud of?

The area that I think I have made my biggest improvement is all of our grammar lessons. Before we started having these lessons, I used to think that sentences were easy but I realized there's more to commas and to the sentences I use. My biggest improvement was creating sentences with all the bits of information we learned throughout the year. Something I have accomplished this year was making sure I had my work done. I'm proud of this because it was hard to actually get up and do my homework without getting distracted.

6: What was the most challenging part of this year for you?

The most challenging part of this year was studying for our vocab tests. I believe this was the hardest part of this year because I was not prepared at all for memorizing words and their parts of speech. I used to get bad grades on most of my tests and that’s when I realized I would have to actually try harder than I did because my methods weren’t working. At one point my mom had to talk to me and got me to study each night until I had the words imprinted in my brain. As a result of this, I started getting better at vocabulary.

7: What was the best piece of writing that you did this year? Why do you think it is your best?

My best piece of writing this year was my letter poem. I think this is my best poem because it was about myself and as I was doing it, the words just came into my mind and I ended up writing a great poem. I didn't really like the poetry unit overall but when Mrs. Larson assigned us to do the letter poem I already knew what I would write about.

8: Of the books you read this year, which was your favorite? Why?

Out of all the books I have read this year, my favorite was First They Killed My Father by Loung Ung. This is one of my favorite books because as I was reading it, I always wanted to read more than assigned. At first, I didn’t think I would like the book but the word choice and detail on each page made it more interesting. I liked how it was written to keep you captivated at all times but never bored with what you were reading.

9: What advice would you give students who will be in this class next year?

Some advice I would give students who will be in this class next year is to always do your work on time. Always doing your work is a key to getting good grades in this class and understanding the material. It may be hard in the beginning and you might get an abundant amount of falcon fouls, but as the quarters go by you will realize that when you do your work on time you’ll feel relieved. Another piece of advice I would give is always listen in class, either the teacher could call on you and you won’t know what to say, or there are directions given and you didn’t hear them.


No comments:

Post a Comment