Sunday, March 13, 2016

Poetry Reflection


      Starting this unit, I disliked reading and writing poetry. In between the unit, I started liking poetry a little more. Not enough to like it fully, but to enjoy it. I like it because you can express yourself in a few lines of writing. It's like an escape for people who are going through hard things in their life and they have no one to talk to. The place that poetry had in my life is I believe that poetry actually does belong to everyone. It belongs to everyone because in poems I have seen, the poets put their feelings into the poems that they write. 

      Life and experiences of a poet affect the poem they create. It affects the poem because there are many feelings in the poem. The different types of feelings are created by what the poet is going through. For example, a poet who shows feeling in his poems from life and experiences is Edgar Allan Poe. I believe this because he went through many things and because of these things, his poems are affected in what tone he is trying to get across.

      Two poems that I have chosen to analyze are my found poem and "Rain" by Shel Silverstein. My found poem had double meanings to it but I chose the one that fit more in that poem. Many poems are short in length but they have bigger meanings. In the poem, "Rain" it talks about how there is rain stuck in someone's head and now they cannot do things they did before. I feel like this poem is saying that one little thing can change your life and it can change the way you do things. The impact that words have on the poem is big. I think this because word choice can change how you view a poem and how you can interpret it further on.


Non-fiction Poem
Bio-Poem
Where I'm From Poem
Spine Poem
Found Poem
Nonsense Poem


No comments:

Post a Comment